What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the clinically proven, nearly invisible way to straighten teeth without metal braces.
- You wear a series of clear, removable aligners which gradually move your teeth into the desired position. The aligners can be removed for eating and cleaning.
How does it work?
- Based on our Dr. Fellerman's diagnosis, a series of aligners are custom made in a laboratory using advanced computer imaging technology.
- You wear each aligner for two weeks before being replaced with the next one, until your teeth are straight.
Why should I select Invisalign®?
- Aligners are nearly Invisible - straighten your teeth without anyone noticing.
- Aligners are Comfortable – there are no wires or metal to cause mouth abrasions.
- Aligners are Removable – for eating, drinking, dental care or other activities.
- Better oral hygiene during treatment – brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
Will it work for me?
- If you have all your adult teeth (fully-erupted molars), most patients can be treated with Invisalign® even if they have crowns or bridges.
- Many common issues like crooked or crowded teeth, spaces between teeth and certain overbite and crossbite types can successfully be corrected.
Is this treatment only for adults?
- No, you just need to have all your adult / permanent teeth (fully erupted molars).
- & be committed to wearing your aligners at all times except for eating, drinking and cleaning.
How do I get started?
- After your initial evaluation with Tricia or Dr Fellerman, we discuss your goals for a new smile.
- We plan your full treatment together, and take your impressions and photographs.
- With advanced computer technology we can then show you a 3D generated model of how you could look, before you start your treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
- Depending on complexity, most treatments will take 11 – 18 months.
How long do I have to wear the aligners?
- The aligners should be worn for 22 to 23 hours a day for the best results.
- Every 2 weeks you change to a new aligner and we recommend visits to monitor progress approximately once every 6–8 weeks.
Are the aligners really Invisible?
- The aligners are made from a clear plastic ( SmartTrack Aligner Material), so they are nearly invisible.
- Even when very close, most people will not notice you are straightening your teeth – unless you tell them!
Can I eat and drink with my aligners?
- No. The aligners are removable so you can still enjoy your favourite food and drinks.
- You need to avoid tooth decay and /or gum disease by not forcing the food particles and sugars against your teeth via the aligners. So keeping them clean is important.
Do the aligners hurt?
- It is normal that you will only feel temporary discomfort when you wear the aligners for the first day or two.
- The smooth aligners are not harmful to the inside of your mouth, but you do feel pressure and this is a good sign that the aligners are working.
Are there any side effects?
- As with conventional treatments, you may feel a slight pressure at first.
- Aligners may temporarily affect the speech of some people, and you may have a slight lisp for a day or two.
How old is this technology?
- Align Technology, Inc., the company that manufactures Invisalign®, was founded in 1997.
- Since then over one million people have been in treated with Invisalign®.
- For more information please visit the website – www.invisalign.com